Volunteers make a difference
in the lives of our Kansas City neighbors.
If you want to know more about volunteering for Habitat for Humanity Kansas City, you’ve come to the right place!
Donations, house sponsorships, volunteering on site, serving on a committee, fundraising, special events ... Look around and find a way to get involved that suits you best!
STEP 1: Complete our online form (or call 816-924-1096)
- We’ll need to know if you’re interested in volunteering as an individual or bringing a group.
- Which days of the week you’re available and when you’d like to start.
- If you’re completing community service hours for court or school, please let us know how many hours you need to complete.
STEP 2: Schedule and attend a volunteer orientation
- All individual volunteers OR Group leaders are required to attend.
- Group leaders to then share the information with the rest of their group members.
- All construction volunteers should also take the online safety training at Habitat for Humanity’s volunteer training website.
STEP 3: Schedule your first volunteer day
Please note that we have many groups looking to schedule days with us, and individual volunteers fill in with smaller groups.
- The earlier you can schedule, the better your chance of getting the dates you want.
- Saturdays are especially popular and may require several months advance notice.
REQUIRED FORMS & RESOURCES FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS
All documents are in .PDF format and will require Adobe Reader to be viewed. If you don’t already have Adobe Reader, you can download it for free here. Please note that none of these forms are submitted to us electronically – you can print them out and either bring them in, mail them or fax them to our office. You can also get hard copies when you come in. These copies are provided as a reference and convenience for you.
This application is more in depth than our online interest form, including other volunteer opportunities with Habitat for Humanity Kansas City that you may be interested in for the future. You can print this out and bring it completed to your orientation. Please note that none of this information is collected electronically/over the internet. We also promise to never share or sell any of your information.
This is the guide to all aspects of volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Kansas City. Much of this information is discussed in volunteer orientation and training sessions.
Construction Safety Manual
This guide gives you the basics of working with various items on the construction sites. A must read for anyone new to construction.
Group Reservation Form
If you’re looking to bring a group with us, you’ll need to complete this form and send it back to the volunteer department to confirm your date on the calendar. Please be sure to check with the volunteer department first to see if your requested date is available.
Release and Waiver Form – Adult
Required for all volunteers to complete, this form is a liability waiver, photographic release and allows you to opt in to our mailing list. Forms are legally binding and valid for one calendar year from the date signed.
Waiver and Release Form Adult
Release and Waiver Form – Minors (16 – 17 yrs old)
We want you to tell us how your experience was! Did you have fun? Was there something that could have gone better? Tell us all about it.